Thank you for volunteering to represent WELS Home, World, and Joint Missions as a Missions speaker! Please review the Missions Presenter Guidelines to assist you in your preparation.
Please add the “WELS Missions Promotional Resources – Template PowerPoint Slides” to the end of your presentation to bring attention to the many ways members can stay connected with WELS Missions. Notes are included to help you speak directly to the various slides and incorporate them into your presentation.
For questions or additional resources for your presentation, contact email@example.com.
Download and view the 2020-2021 Home, World, and Joint Missions Projects Booklet, prepared by the Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society (LWMS) and the WELS Missions Office.
To download resources to use in promoting the “Grace—Hmong outreach in Vietnam” synodwide special offering, click the heading above to view and select.
This package contains the following resources:
- Bulletin inserts/flyers to help communicate that we’ve hit our $2 million goal for Hmong outreach in Vietnam
- Worship materials for a special “Grace—Hmong outreach in Vietnam” Mission Festival (Worship helps, sermon and special prayer)
- PowerPoint presentation (with notes)
- Link to a online version of the December 2018 WELS Connection, featuring Hmong outreach in Vietnam
- Video of presentation originally given by World Missions Administrator Rev. Larry Schlomer (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for password)
- Promotional poster
- Bulletin inserts – Available in color and black and white
- Informational text for bulletins and church and school newsletters
- Digital Files of all print pieces: 8 page casebook, 4 page informational flier, and smaller 8 page congregational brochure.
- Digital Bulletin Board kit – 8.5 x 11″ pages for printing; pick and choose which pages you would like to use
- Digital display and PowerPoint graphic
- “Grace—Hmong outreach in Vietnam” logo
Rev. Dr. William Kessel was asked to give a 50 minute presentation at the 125th anniversary celebration of the Lutheran Apache Mission on October 287, 2018. Dr. Kessel wanted to let Apaches from the past illustrate how the Word of the Lord has grown and spread for over 10 decades. Thus, he provided a history in stories in which nine Apaches use their own words to share the goodness of the Lord. The speakers were from various locations: East Fork, Cibecue, North Fork, and Whiteriver. They included young and old, men and women. Both churches and schools were represented as well as the orphanage.
The Apache way of learning includes pondering and discussing stories. To that end, Dr. Kessel has also prepared 10 Bible Studies to accompany his paper. We hope this material can be put to good use in congregations and schools. In this package, you will find the 10 Bible Studies as well as the Answer Key.
May God bless you as you speak His truth in love and share the Good News of salvation. And the Word of the Lord Grows.
Download free print resources you can use to promote Mission Journeys within your church, school, or organization. For more information on the program, visit wels.net/missionjourneys.
Hey teachers! Here are some Missions resources you can use at your school. View the LWMS Project Booklet to pick your school’s quarterly mission project. Utilize LWMS Kid’s c.a.r.e lesson plans. Plan a Cultural Fair for your students using the resources provided. Learn about new ways to get your students interested in and involved in WELS mission work.
If you would like us to mail you a complimentary packet of the bulletin board materials listed in this resource package, please email email@example.com.
Download and use any of these items to promote WELS Home, World, and Joint Missions at your congregation, school, or small group. For more information or to request physical copies of the posters or maps, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the Missions Festival Planning Information form for information that will be helpful in coordinating event details with your Missions Speaker. We ask that you pass around the Interest Sign-Up Sheet – Mission Speaker Events (Legal Size) at your event for people to fill out, and then share with the Missions Promotions team at email@example.com.
Feel free to use any and all of the Mission Festival promotional materials to get the word out to your congregation about the special event. If you would like to request additional information about a specific mission field for your Missions Festival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WELS Center for Mission and Ministry
Stone Ridge Drive
Waukesha, WI 53188
8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.