Download and view the 2018-2019 Home and World Missions Projects Booklet, prepared by the Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society (LWMS) and the WELS Missions Office.
To download resources to use in promoting the “Grace—Hmong outreach in Vietnam” synodwide special offering, click the heading above to view and select.
This package contains the following resources:
- Bulletin inserts – Available in color and black and white
- Worship materials for a special “Grace—Hmong outreach in Vietnam” Mission Festival (Worship helps, sermon and special prayer)
- PowerPoint presentation (with notes)
- Link to a online version of the December 2018 WELS Connection, featuring Hmong outreach in Vietnam
- Video of presentation originally given by World Missions Administrator Rev. Larry Schlomer (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for password)
- Promotional poster
- Informational text for bulletins and church and school newsletters
- Digital Files of all print pieces: 8 page casebook, 4 page informational flier, and smaller 8 page congregational brochure.
- Digital Bulletin Board kit – 8.5 x 11″ pages for printing; pick and choose which pages you would like to use
- Digital display and PowerPoint graphic
- “Grace—Hmong outreach in Vietnam” logos
- Link to Northwestern Publishing House (NPH) where congregations can order additional congregational brochures
Rev. Dr. William Kessel was asked to give a 50 minute presentation at the 125th anniversary celebration of the Lutheran Apache Mission on October 287, 2018. Dr. Kessel wanted to let Apaches from the past illustrate how the Word of the Lord has grown and spread for over 10 decades. Thus, he provided a history in stories in which nine Apaches use their own words to share the goodness of the Lord. The speakers were from various locations: East Fork, Cibecue, North Fork, and Whiteriver. They included young and old, men and women. Both churches and schools were represented as well as the orphanage.
The Apache way of learning includes pondering and discussing stories. To that end, Dr. Kessel has also prepared 10 Bible Studies to accompany his paper. We hope this material can be put to good use in congregations and schools. In this package, you will find the 10 Bible Studies as well as the Answer Key.
May God bless you as you speak His truth in love and share the Good News of salvation. And the Word of the Lord Grows.
Download free print resources you can use to promote Mission Journeys within your church, school, or organization. For more information on the program, visit wels.net/missionjourneys.
Download free resources to plan your school’s Cultural Fair. To request a mission speaker for an accompanying Mission Festival Church Service, visit wels.net/speaker-request.
You and your congregation’s participation in the Vicar in Mission Setting (ViMS) program is highly valued. Together we as representatives of the Board for Home Missions (BHM) and Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary (WLS) see you as an integral part of training the next generation of mission-minded pastors.
We praise God for you and for your congregation and we value our partnership.
In sharing your plan for training the vicar, it might be good to consults the documents listed below.
To begin the Vicar in Mission Setting request process:
- Proceed to My WELS Cloud.
- For WELS Cloud sign-in help, select Get Help button. OR
- Select Proceed to My WELS Cloud button to sign in.
- Under Church, select Vicar in Mission Setting Request.
- Enter at least three digits of Zip/Postal code to lookup your congregation.
- Review instructions to create a new request.
- Complete all tabs and submit.
Do you have an opportunity for cross-cultural ministry in your area? Learn what steps you can take to expand that ministry.
To download Powerpoint presentations from home missions, click the heading above to view and select.
To download Fact Sheets from world missions, click the heading above to view and select.
WELS Center for Mission and Ministry
Stone Ridge Drive
Waukesha, WI 53188
8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.