Download and view the 2018-2019 Home and World Missions Projects Booklet, prepared by the Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society (LWMS) and the WELS Missions Office.
To download resources to use in promoting the “Grace—Hmong outreach in Vietnam” synodwide special offering, click the heading above to view and select.
This package contains the following resources:
- Bulletin inserts – Available in color and black and white
- Worship materials for a special “Grace—Hmong outreach in Vietnam” Mission Festival (Worship helps, sermon and special prayer)
- PowerPoint presentation (with notes)
- Link to a online version of the December 2018 WELS Connection, featuring Hmong outreach in Vietnam
- Video of presentation originally given by World Missions Administrator Rev. Larry Schlomer (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for password)
- Promotional poster
- Informational text for bulletins and church and school newsletters
- Digital Files of all print pieces: 8 page casebook, 4 page informational flier, and smaller 8 page congregational brochure.
- Digital Bulletin Board kit – 8.5 x 11″ pages for printing; pick and choose which pages you would like to use
- Digital display and PowerPoint graphic
- “Grace—Hmong outreach in Vietnam” logos
- Link to Northwestern Publishing House (NPH) where congregations can order additional congregational brochures
Rev. Dr. William Kessel was asked to give a 50 minute presentation at the 125th anniversary celebration of the Lutheran Apache Mission on October 287, 2018. Dr. Kessel wanted to let Apaches from the past illustrate how the Word of the Lord has grown and spread for over 10 decades. Thus, he provided a history in stories in which nine Apaches use their own words to share the goodness of the Lord. The speakers were from various locations: East Fork, Cibecue, North Fork, and Whiteriver. They included young and old, men and women. Both churches and schools were represented as well as the orphanage.
The Apache way of learning includes pondering and discussing stories. To that end, Dr. Kessel has also prepared 10 Bible Studies to accompany his paper. We hope this material can be put to good use in congregations and schools. In this package, you will find the 10 Bible Studies as well as the Answer Key.
May God bless you as you speak His truth in love and share the Good News of salvation. And the Word of the Lord Grows.
Download free print resources you can use to promote Mission Journeys within your church, school, or organization. For more information on the program, visit wels.net/missionjourneys.
Download free resources to plan your school’s Cultural Fair. To request a mission speaker for an accompanying Mission Festival Church Service, visit wels.net/speaker-request.
To download Powerpoint presentations from home missions, click the heading above to view and select.
To download Fact Sheets from world missions, click the heading above to view and select.
To download individual fact sheets, click the heading to view and select. To download all fact sheets, click the Download button below.
To download individual print resources, click the heading to view and select. To download all print resources highlighting WELS mission fields, click the Download button below.
Please see the Missions Speaker Event – Offering Form and the Missions Speaker Event – Guidelines for Honorariums and Expenses form for information that will be helpful in coordinating event details with your Missions Speaker. We ask that you pass around the Interest Sign-Up Sheet – Mission Speaker Events (Legal Size) at your event for people to fill out, and then share with the Missions Promotions team at email@example.com.
Feel free to use any and all of the Mission Festival promotional materials to get the word out to your congregation about the special event. If you would like to request additional information about a specific mission field for your Missions Festival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WELS Center for Mission and Ministry
Stone Ridge Drive
Waukesha, WI 53188
8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.